Wednesday, June 29, 2005

A Bad Knee and Blog o' the Week...

Well, balls...

The Riverfront Times went and made me the Blog o' the Week. Great. So now if I lose a job or a girlfriend I'll know who to blame...

Okay, a few things that have happened since last time:

The neighbor didn't die. Instead, he is back home using a walker. Funny thing is that I felt sorry for him after seeing him with the walker... up until then I didn't give a damn. Go figure.

I've been bit by a dog, got a flat tire, and screwed up my knee. I also went swimming, drank too much beer, and got too much sun. Fun times!

Lilly
got a new bone and promptly devoured it.

Okay, so details. On Saturday I went over to see Chris and Chrissy's new home. It's really nice, though way the hell out in West County. But after all the looking around and mindless, "Yeah, that's nice" chatter, we went to the pool and drank. It was a good time, but I got drunk on Fat Tire and laid out in the sun too long. I didn't burn, but I got sick later in the day.

After swimming Chris had me help him move some furniture, and his dog Valerie bit me in the knee. She's a little shit... and it's not the first time that dog has bit me. Then Chris actually wanted me to pet it to show the dog that everything was okay! Something like, "Hey, I know you just put three holes in my knee, but no hard feelings, okay?" I told him it would be best if I didn't touch the dog, for both our sakes...

Saturday Jen spent the night and I made a pizza from scratch. The crust was too thick and I used to much red curry paste in the sauce, but it was okay. I had bought some fresh mozzarella from Farmer's Market that morning and I realized something - I greatly prefer store-bought, prepackaged shredded mozzarella.

On Sunday, same old thing - Courtesy for breakfast, then Target. I bought some Fix a Flat for my tire that has had a screw in it for some time. It didn't work. But Firestone Tire downtown fixed it for about $17.00, which wasn't too bad. Anyway, we watched TV, laid out in the sun, and had a good time all in all.

Then came Monday night... I was helping Launa dumpster dive for a blue loveseat. I lifted it up, my right knee went out to the side, and POP! I was down in the alley in a heartbeat. I'm talking PAIN, knee pain that would not go away. Launa helped me back to my place, and I sucked it up, but damn...

So Tuesday I freaked thinking that I had tore my ACL or something. Fortunately it never swelled up, and after using a knee brace for awhile a majority of the pain went away. I guess I dodged another bullet, though I went back to the alleyway today and checked it for Kryptonite.

Krystal, Brandon, Zenora, Jen, and I are going to my parent's place on Mark Twain Lake this weekend, and I hate being all gimped out when I see my mom. Thankfully I should be fine by then. Too many times my mom has seen me with black eyes, fractures, stitches, etc. Sorry, Ma!

So on the Fourth of July I'm going to watch the fireworks from my rooftop in Soulard. We should be back in time...

Lilly says hi! Check out Odd Todd! And don't get me in trouble for all this stuff! Ugh....

1 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Blogger Socrates said...

Man like your blog, used to be a former sociologist( social worker) myself, now I'm over 40 and selling pharmacueticals. Believe it or not I sometimes miss those old days even though I met some real down and out people.

PEACE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home