Friday, June 10, 2005

...But at Least it's a Wet Heat.

Jebus, it's hot. I love these twenty minute storms that serve no purpose but to make the city as humid as possible. Living in Soulard, I also get the full force of the big river adding to that effect. It's like standing in a wet brick oven. And the best part is that this is only the beginning... the real heat won't be here until August. I'm one of those guys that takes pride in not using my heat or A/C, but lately Lilly Dog has been trying to turn it on herself. I guess that's a hint...

Okay, not much has happened, and the only reasons I am really posting anything are:

1. Krystal went back to the hospital, hopefully to actually have a baby this time.
2. The Cardinals beat the Red Sox 2 out of 3. Matty Mo was awesome, it's great to have him back as the Ace.

I am really hoping Krystal and Brandon have their baby today. They are more than ready, and I know firsthand that Krystal is in a lot of pain. But her excitement is all that comes through in her voice, and her complaining is surprisingly minimal. And kudos to Brandon - his attitude never seems to change, he is consistently upbeat in a low-key sort of way. I mean, if he could handle living with me and is now handling the last stages of his wife's pregnancy... well, nothing is going to shake the guy.

Krystal called me last night to ask me to get her dogs. Since her sisters have my key I had to bring them to my place to keep them out of the rain and hail. Lilly and Nikka played for about five hours straight. That's great, those two love each other, but DAMN Nikka can shed. She's part wolf, which apparently means that a St. Louis summer forces her to shed the equivalent of a small lap dog each day. Looks like I'm finally going to have to use my new vacuum cleaner...

Hey, check out www.oddtodd.com. It's a great site. I used to go for the cartoons, but the daily facts, the what's happening, and the funlinks make it a daily thing now. Also, look for the kittens link at the bottom - the captions are hilarious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home