Monday, July 11, 2005

Odd Todd and Other Things...

Hey all you Odd Todders! Leave a comment or two! I want to hear from you!

While last week this blog received the somewhat dubious distinction of being the Riverfront Times blog o' the week, this week I am much more proud to announce that I am the Sunday Blogger at OddTodd.com!!!

If you haven't yet checked out OddTodd, you are missing out dearly. It's the first site I check when I get in to work on Monday. Seriously, go check it out. And while you are there, help support Rob MacNeal - there is a link on his page. Hell, here's one to make it even easier:

http://www.robmacneal.com/

Okay, now that the props have been given out, here's what has been going on - er, that is, not much. I am in training this week and right now I am sitting in an empty training room, the first one here. After having to sit in the front row during the last training session I made a concentrated effort to get here first this time so I could sit in the back. Besides, that's where all the cool kids are, right?

Bastille Day was celebrated in Soulard, and it was a flop. For some reason they only partied on Friday night. So Jen, Melissa, Krystal, Brandon, and Myself walked to the Farmer's Market on Saturday to find it completely dead. It was a bummer, but Jen, Melissa and I went to 1860's Hard Shell and had a few drinks. Then we headed back to my place and watched a DVD of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog. It was the best DVD I saw this year... FOR ME TO POOP ON!!

Sunday we went all domestic and went shopping at Target. I got Lilly a bag of chicken basted bones, Jen a new remote, and nothing for myself...

I finished reading Catcher in the Rye Sunday. I hadn't read it in about four years, so I jumped into it Wednesday of last week. I forgot how immensely readable it is. A great thing about Catcher is how your perspective of the story changes as you grow a little older and come back to it. Go read it! Now!

Rockhead was caught, and was brought in alive. Kudos to the police, and to all the people out there who have helped to raise money for the family of the slain officer. If you would like to make a donation to the fallen firefighters and police of the St. Louis area, please visit this site:

http://www.backstoppers.org/

They are legitimate, and they use there money to help the families, not on bumper stickers. Check them out!

Let's see, that's about it for an early Monday morning. Oh wait, I almost forgot! I got my brick in the mail! That is to say, the brick I ordered for my father to be put in the sidewalk of the new Busch Stadium. It has the StL Logo on it and says the following:

Thomas DeRousse
"Tuck"
Father, Husband
Mentor, Friend

They send you one for your house as well... it's actually the size of two bricks. Pretty cool!

Cardinals are 11 1/2 games in the lead in the central going into the break. Go Cards!

Check out odd todd!

Lilly says hi!!

3 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Blogger DeeJay said...

I'm an odd todder too. Check the web sit each morning over a cup of coff-ay. It's good. Life is good. Your blog is good. Congrats on being the sunday blogger. Well deserved.

Night!

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger DeeJay said...

Okay so that's a web site, not a web sit. It's too late. Night again!

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Cavutto said...

OddTodder here too...congrats on the Sunday Blogger! Cool blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home