Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Sitting in the Sun, Smiling at the Sky.

Wow, what a weekend. I had to take Tuesday off just to help recover from it all. It was a blast, let me tell you... so much so that I am actually just a little bit happy to be sitting here sipping weak coffee at my desk, just so I can get some rest.

Before I start, let me say that Officer William McEntee was killed in the line of duty last night by some scumbag named "Rockhead". My deepest sympathies go to Officer McEntee's family and friends. When they catch Rockhead I seriously hope he doesn't get the chance to make it to trial.

Vengence aside, here's how the weekend went - Saturday Jen, Lilly and I went to my parent's 240 acres on Mark Twain Lake with Krystal, Brandon, Mai-Ling, Nikka, and the baby Zenora. Mai-Ling and Nikka are dogs, so you know. We get there and right off the bat my mother has cooked enough food for an army. We eat, then we go to a bar-b-que. Standard 4th stuff, so I won't bore you, but when we got back we realized that we could see about four different firework shows from my parent's deck. We drank and watched them all.

The next day we went to the beach, ate and drank. More fireworks. Oh, and Tommy Boy was on TBS!

On the Fourth we all came home, and watched the fireworks downtown from my rooftop in Soulard. We had the best viewpoint possible, with no crowds, free beer, good friends, etc.

That's it. I may edit this post later to add more, but I am realllly tired and just want to put my head on my desk for about half the day...

Lilly says hi!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home